You only live one life and you want to enjoy it, but are you your own worst critic? It’s exhausting trying to keep up appearances and survive day to day. You’re often tired and you may find yourself easily irritated and always on edge, and COVID-19 sure isn’t helping. Anxiety and Stress Counseling can help. I utilize an integrative approach to counseling for anxiety, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), mindfulness somatic (body) movement, and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).
Maybe you are unsure if you are suffering from anxiety. Have you ever thought to yourself:
- I feel nervous, stressed and anxious more than usual.
- I feel like I am going to jump out of my skin.
- I experience panic or anxiety attacks even when I know I shouldn’t.
- I have had sudden changes in my appetite and appearance.
- I feel out of control and constantly worry about future events.
- I feel scared and panicked when there is no reason to be.
- I can’t seem to focus or stay on task even though I try really hard.
- A particular life event has shaken me and I can’t move past it.
- I am too fatigued to do my everyday tasks.
- I can’t sleep or I don’t feel rested when I wake up.
- I feel like I am not as good as other people.
- I often avoid places that once left me anxious or where I had anxiety or a panic attack.
Anxiety and stress affect everyone’s body differently. For some, mental exhaustion keeps them from completing their daily tasks while for others, anxiety may look like being overwhelmed, always on the go, sadness, or panic. Sometimes anxiety can also manifest in physical ways such as headaches, upset stomach and loss of libido.
Anxiety Therapy Can Help.
During our anxiety counseling sessions, we will explore your mind and body’s reactions to stress, so that we can begin to work on finding balance and peace. Together, we will identify techniques that can help you in the moments when you are flooded with anxiety and in the moments where you’re exhausted from the efforts. These skills may even improve your communication with loved ones, career, family, relationships, self-confidence, emotional health, and physical health.
Anxiety and sadness is not prejudiced. It can take over someone’s life at any time. Life can sometimes present situations to us that are completely out of our control and it leaves us feeling hopeless and powerless. As we live in a time where we prioritize self-care, you’ve probably tried various methods to help yourself feel better but none of them truly stick or only work for a short amount of time. Counseling can help. We can work together to start your journey towards a life free from the grips of anxiety.